Terms and Conditions
just so we're clear about everything!
By tendering material for shipment in rnnr hyper-local delivery service or part & parcel transit service, the shipper agrees to the terms and conditions stated herein and to rnnr standard, conditions of carriage which are incorporated into the contract by reference. No agent or employee of rnnr or the shipper may alter or modify these terms & conditions:
- The rnnr consignment Note: The rnnr consignment Note is Non-Negotiable and the shipper acknowledges that it has been prepared by the shipper or by rnnr on behalf of the shipper. The shipper warrants that it is the owner of the goods transport hereunder or it is the authorized agent of the owner of the goods and that it hereby accepts rnnr terms & conditions for itself and as agent for and on behalf of any other person having any interest in the shipment.
- Shipper’s Obligations and Acknowledgments: The shipper warrants that each article in the shipment is properly described on the rnnr Consignment Note and that shipment details are complete and accurate and the shipment has not been declared by rnnr to be unacceptable for transportation and that the shipment is properly marked and addressed and packed to ensure safe transportation with ordinary care in handling.
- Right of Inspection of shipment: rnnr has the right, but not the obligation, to inspect any shipment including, without limitation, opening the shipment. the shipper agrees that rnnr may open and inspect a shipment for any reason whatsoever at any time.
- Lien of Goods of shipment: rnnr shall have a lien on any goods shipped for all freight charges Octroi, duties, advances or any other charges of any kind arising out of the transportation hereunder for may refuse to surrender possession of the goods until such charges are paid.
- Limitation of Liability: The liability of rnnr for any loss or damage to the shipment (which terms shall include all document or parcels consigned to rnnr under the rnnr Consignment Note) is limited to the lessor of;
- Rs.100/- (rupees One hundred only in case of all shipment with origin and destination within Pakistan) or
- The amount of loss or damage to a document or parcel actually sustained, or
- the actual value of the document or parcel as determined under, section 6 hereof, without regard to its commercial utility or special value to the shipper.
- Actual value:
- The actual value of a document (which terms shall include any item of no commercial value which is transported hereunder) shall be ascertained by reference to its cost of preparation or replacement, reconstruction, or reconstitution value at the time and place of shipment, whichever is less,
- The actual value of parcel (which terms shall include any item of commercial value which is transported hereunder) shall be ascertained by reference to its cost of preparation or replacement, release or fair market value at the time and place of shipment, whichever, is less. In no event shall such value exceed the original cost the article actually paid by the shipper.
- Actual value can be only offered in case the parcel or cash value thereof was insured prior to delivery being made and the shipper has chosen to insure with payment of additional amount for the coverage thereof
- Consequential Damages Excluded: rnnr shall not be liable in any consequential or special damages or other indirect loss, however arising, whether or not rnnr had knowledge that such damages might be incurred, including but not limited to loss of income, profits, interest, use of contents or loss of market.
- Liabilities Not Assumed: While rnnr will endeavor to exercise its best efforts to provide expeditious delivery in accord with regular delivery schedule, rnnr will not, under any circumstances, be liable for delay in pick up, transportation or delivery of any shipment regardless of the cause of such delay. Further rnnr shall not be liable if a shipment is lost/damaged, mis-delivered or not delivered because of circumstances beyond our control. These include:
- a. “Act of God” for example earthquake, cyclone, storm, floor or
- “Force Majeure” for example war, plane crash or embargo or
- Caused by:
- That act, default or omission of the shipper, the consignee or any other party who claims an interest in the shipment (including violation of any term and is tendered by rnnr for transportation to any location not regularly served by rnnr regardless of whether the shipper reported or had knowledge of such third-party delivery arrangements.
- The nature of the shipment for any defect, characteristic, inherent vice thereof, even if known to us when we accepted it
- Electrical or magnetic energy erasures or other such damage to electronic or photographic images or recording in any form.
- Any claim must be brought by the shipper and delivered in writing to the office of rnnr nearest the location at which the shipment was accepted within 30 days of the date such acceptance. No claim may be made against rnnr outside of this time limit.
- No claim for loss or damage will be entertained until all transportation charges have been paid. The amount of any such claim may not be deducted from any transportation charges owed to rnnr
- rnnr may not maintain records relevant to a shipment of more than ninety days. It will be unable to refer to or produce any such record where it is notified for the same after expiry of the said period of ninety days from the date of shipment.
- Applicability: These terms & conditions shall apply to and insure to benefit, of rnnr and its authorized and affiliated companies, and their officers, directors and employees.
- Material Not Acceptable for transportation: rnnr will not accept as a shipment Currency, Jewelry, Bullion, Antiques, Liquor, Stamps, Precious stones, Work of Art Fire Arms., Plants, Drugs, Explosives, Animals, Perishables, Negotiable Instruments in Bearer Form Lewd Obscene or Pornographic materials, Industrial Carbons and Diamonds, items/ articles restricted by IATA (International Air Transport Association) or ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), hazardous or combustible material, property of carriage of which is prohibited by any law, regulation or statute of any Provincial or Federal Government of Pakistan.
- At the request of the shipper and upon payment therefore, rnnr will arrange insurance on behalf of the shipper
- The insurance coverage shall be governed by all the terms and conditions contained in the policy of the insurance issued by the insurance company.
- Consequential damages and loss or damage resulting from delay of transportation are not covered by any such policy of insurance company.
- Weight of the Consignment: As less dense item generally occupies more volume of space, in comparison to its actual weight. The volumetric or dimensional weight will be calculated and compared with the actual weight of the shipment to ascertain which is greater; the higher weight will be used to calculate the Service Charges. Charges may be changed on receipt of shipment and inspection by rnnr in case of incorrect booking. Following formula will be used to calculate volumetric or dimensional weight: Width x Length x Height in centimeters / 5000 = Volumetric Weight in kilograms.
- Booking for cities or areas outside of coverage may be charged additionally for in order for successful delivery and any such charges would be borne by shipper.
- If the Shipper has asked us to Bill the Receiver or a Third Party: The shipper agrees to pay all shipment charges and destination duties and taxes, for the shipment if the receiver or third party does not pay.
- Warsaw Convention: If the transportation of a shipment involves an ultimate destination or stop in country other than the county of departure, the Warsaw Convention may apply. The Warsaw Convention governs, and in most cases further limits, our liability for loss or damage to such a shipment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: By the terms and conditions set out above, rnnr and its employees and agents are firstly not to be liable at all for certain losses and damages and secondly, wherever they are to be liable the amount of liability is strictly limited to the amount stated in condition 5. Customers are therefore advised to purchase insurance cover to ensure that their interests are protected. (See condition 12. insurance – above)
IN COMPLIANCE WITH PAKISTAN POST OFFICE ACT 1898, RNNR WOULD NOT ACCEPT LETTER OR POST CARD, AS THEIR CARRIAGE IS THE EXCLUSIVE PRIVILEGE OFTHE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.